What kinds of personal information do we collect and hold?
We may collect personal information about individuals, contractors, suppliers, third parties seeking our services, and other people who interact with us in the ordinary course of business.
It may also include (but is not limited to) your name, date of birth, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, occupation, bank account details and other financial information and any other personal information that may be required to facilitate your dealing with us. You can choose not to answer any of our questions or to give us any of these details. The personal information collected and held by us may also include your answers to our research.
We collect your personal information when you give it to us, including when:
- you fill out forms on our website.
- you complete any surveys or questionnaires we send.
- we supply services to you.
- you supply services to us.
- you have personal contact with us at a face-to-face meeting or an event, or
- you mail, email or telephone or otherwise contact us for any reason.
We may also collect personal information about you provided by our clients for research purposes or third parties on a commercial basis.
In addition, when you apply for a job or position with us, we may collect certain information from you (including your name, contact details and working history) from your previous employers, your referees, human resources professionals and others who may be able to provide further information to us to assist us in our decision to offer you a position.
We hold such information as electronic files on secure servers in Australia. We are committed to protecting the personal information we collect and hold from misuse and loss and unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information, including de-identification and anonymisation, when possible. However, you acknowledge that no security system is impenetrable and that no company, including us, can fully eliminate security risks associated with personal information or electronic databases. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk.
The primary purpose for which we collect, hold, and use your personal information may include:
- to provide you with our goods, services, or quotations
- to enable us to contact and communicate with you regarding your accounts with us.
- to enable us to fulfil your requests for our products or services.
- to respond to and resolve any query or complaint.
- for internal administration, debt collection, product research, evaluation and development, quality control purposes, advertising, and marketing purposes
- to offer you additional information, opportunities, discounts, and promotions from us from time to time
- to consider your employment or contractual engagement application (such as supply or retention of services), and
- for any other purposes required or authorised by law or a court/tribunal order.
When we undertake research, we report the results of our research without identifying any individuals (unless that individual expressly consents).
We destroy or de-identify your personal information as soon as it is no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected.
How you can access your personal information and seek correction of it
You can request a copy of any personal information we have about you by contacting us via our website. We will promptly give you access to your personal information, except in the limited circumstances specified in the Australian Privacy Principles. If any of your personal information is incorrect, we will correct it.
How you can complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles and how we will deal with your complaint
You can complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles by us by contacting us via our website. We will respond to your complaint within 14 days.
We may disclose personal information to our account managers in The Netherlands so that they can conduct business with you or analyse data.
We collect data about each visit to our website to improve users’ experience of our website. The data collected is anonymous and does not identify any individual.